If you are like us, you are very busy. You don’t always have time to plan out a whole week’s worth of meals, none-the-less find the time to cook them.
Many of us are familiar with the slow cooker. It is a good product and works great, but it requires planning which sometimes doesn’t happen for whatever reason. Plus, if you are a little paranoid, you don’t like the idea of leaving a device running all day at 250-350 degrees!
Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to come home, throw a few whole foods into a device that would cook them up for you in about 15-20 minutes? We thought so, too, and that is why we purchased an Instant Pot.
The Instant Pot—Truly an amazing cooker
We purchased our Instant Pot right before Christmas as a family gift. It was not our intention to use it immediately, but we had to try it out that evening when we got home. We had read several reviews before making our choice and couldn’t wait to try it! (Read about our first use below.)
Product: Instant Pot
Cheapest place to buy: Amazon.com
Size: This product comes in various size capacities. Pick the one that best meets your needs.
Guarantee: There is a limited warranty on this product
My rating: 9.5 of 10
Benefits and specifications of the Instant Pot that we use
- 6-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker–Pressure Cooker, Saute/Browning, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer & Warmer
- Large, easy to use control panel with ten built-in Smart Programs, automatic keep-warm, and 3 temperatures for saute/browning and slow cook
- Delay cooking time up to 24-Hours; Manual setting up to 120 minutes of cook time, UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms; Highly energy efficient
- Includes 3-ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot, stainless steel steam rack, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, instructions, recipes, and cooking time tables
- Capacity: 6L/6.33 Qt, Power rating: 1000W, Voltage: 110v/60Hz, Gross weight: 14.57 pounds ; Refer User Manual page -17 for Trouble shooting steps
Note: The above information was taken from the product listing for the Instant Pot.
Our first use of our Instant Pot
So it was a week before Christmas and all through the house, the smells of fresh baked goods were . . . Whoops, wrong review…
Actually, though, the house did smell great because we had just cooked a roast, potatoes and carrots in a fraction of the time it would normally take. We ate the delicious meal and found that cleanup was pretty easy, too.
So far, we haven’t found any disadvantages to the Instant Pot. We love it.
We would probably replace our stove, except with the lack of counter space in our small kitchen, we wouldn’t have any place to set our Instant Pot!
Conclusion—We love our Instant Pot
We use a lot of products in our household and the Instant Pot is one of our favorites (right up there with our coffee maker!). We truly recommend the Instant Pot. It is a versatile kitchen device that might make you want to throw out your stove!